This position is responsible for assisting with electrical installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance within the commercial and industrial settings. 4 years experience required.
· Assists Electrician with installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment.
· Supplies ELECTRICIANS with materials and tools by carrying material.
· Work from all types of ladders, (up to 14’ step ladders, “A” frame ladders, extension ladders) and be able to carry up to a 12’ step ladder on and off the job by yourself. Employee’s personal weight plus personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladders. (Class 1 = 250 lbs., Class 1A = 300 lbs.)
· Measures and cuts pipe conduit to specified length, using steel tape and hacksaw.
· Threads conduit ends, using pipe threader, and connects couplings and conduit fittings, using wrench.
· Fabricates conduit support brackets from strap iron strips, using hacksaw, shaping dies, hammer, and punch.
· Secures brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pulls wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals.
· Strips insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers.
· Ties or screws wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Must have hand tools for electrical work. Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
General electrical knowledge of bending and conduit threading.
Must have power tools.
Specific knowledge of electrical circuits.
General understanding of blueprints.
Must be able to pass background check
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma or GED
3-5 year(s) of commercial or industrial electrical experience.
Willing to Work in Inclement WeatherLooking for WorkWilling to Take a Drug TestWilling to Be Background CheckedEligible to Work in the USHas Reliable TransportationDriver's LicenseOwns Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)Owns Hand Tools
Metal Conduit Bending and Installation
Drawings and Code
Can Read Wiring SchematicsProficient in National Electric Code (NEC)Can Read Construction Blueprints