We are an MEP commercial/industrial contractor and looking for a new electrical superintedent to join our team!
· Plan and schedule projects, estimate materials, supervise subordinates, and maintain records and files and prepare reports.
· Plan and supervise the work of electricians and the job overall
· Maintain records on electrical jobs and assign to appropriate personnel.
· Assist in coordinating job assignments with the other trades, e.g., plumbers, carpenters, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of electrical materials on job site.
· Advise project manager of technical problems concerned with construction and installation of electrical components.
· Recommend procedure revisions when necessary to fully utilize assigned personnel and equipment.
· Determine procedures for construction and installation of electrical components.
· Inspect work to ensure compliance with standard procedures and local, state, and federal code requirements.
· Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, tools and terminology of the electrical trade - Thorough knowledge of electrical theory - Thorough knowledge of the safety hazards of the work and of the necessary safety precautions - Ability to construct and install complicated electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment - Ability to plan and supervise the work of team - Skilled in the use of electrical construction and installation of equipment - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates - Must have high school diploma or equivalent – a comparable amount of training and experience and/or an apprenticeship training program may be substituted
Willing to Work from Elevated HeightsWilling to Work in Inclement WeatherTechnical DegreeHigh School DiplomaGEDSome High SchoolWilling to Take a Drug TestWilling to Be Background CheckedEligible to Work in the USWill Allow Employers to Check MVRDriver's LicenseOwns Power ToolsOwns Hand ToolsWilling to Work OvertimeWilling to TravelCurrently Employed
Drawings and Code
Proficient in Building CodesProficient in Electrical TheoryProficient in National Electric Code (NEC)Can Read Electrical ManualsCan Read Wiring SchematicsCan Read Construction Blueprints
Scheduling ExperienceQuality Control ExperienceManagement ExperienceCustomer Service Experience
TransformersMotor Control Centers (MCCs)
Building Systems Wiring
MC CableCable TrayWiring TroughMetal Conduit Bending and Installation
Health InsuranceDental InsuranceLife InsuranceDisability InsuranceLong Term Disability InsuranceVision Insurance401(k)401(k) MatchingPaid HolidaysPaid VacationsWeekly Pay (as opposed to bi-weekly)Company VehicleProfessional Development