We're a commercial MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) company that is currently looking for motivated candidates to join our Plumbing Team.
BASIC FUNCTION: The person in this position will be the liaison between Field Operations and the other functional areas of the company to help ensure the projects are completed on time and under budget.
REQUIREMENTS: The person in this position must have a strong understanding of construction, plumbing, and project management; preferably with 9+ years of plumbing construction experience; and good computer software skills
1. Upon award of any project, review the scope and transition the project from Estimating to Operations
2. Create a Submittal book of the materials and fixtures that will be used on the assigned project.
3. Set up job accounts with suppliers that will be used on the project
4. Coordinate with the office to ensure preliminary notices have been sent, insurance certificates have been sent to the General Contractor, Job Book has been completed, plans have been printed for the Superintendent and/or the Foreman
5. Review the contract and meet with Accounting and COO to discuss any concerns
6. Submit RFIs to the General Contractor, as required.
7. Write up and submit change orders to the General Contractor for extra work or potential extra work and maintain and manage a change order log for each project to help with faster approvals
8. If required, perform a detailed take-off of materials required for the project. Identify materials that may not be approved per the specification book and get approvals for lower cost equals and maintain the project Procurement Log.
9. Generate Purchase Orders & Buy-Outs to purchase materials. If the Purchase Order exceeds the limit of authority, meet with VP of Operations or COO.
10. Coordinate with the Superintendent on scheduling to ensure material is ordered and delivered on the required dates
11. Complete the schedule of values during the billing cycle and review with the Division Manager and accounting for billing.
12. Coordinate the submission of all close-out documentation as required by the General Contractor
13. As required, provide reporting and analysis on projects to determine profitability and labor efficiency.
14. Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Project Manager will work at the Statesboro office and at any and all job sites assigned to them. Job Sites will typically be in the Savannah, Ga, and surrounding areas but may extend to South Carolina as well.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED: Bluebeam Software, Excel, QuickPen, State Plumbing License
Job Type: Full-time
401(k) matching Dental Insurance Employee discount Health insurance Life insurance Paid time off Parental leave Referral program Relocation assistance Vision insurance Schedule:
10-hour shift Supplemental pay types:
Bonus pay Signing bonus Experience:
Construction plumbing: 7 years (Required) License/Certification:
Driver's License (Required) Willingness to travel:
25% (Required) Work Location: In person
Willing to Take a Drug TestEligible to Work in the US
$31 - $42 / hour
Health InsuranceDental InsuranceLife InsuranceVision Insurance401(k)401(k) MatchingPaid HolidaysPaid VacationsWeekly Pay (as opposed to bi-weekly)