The Panel Shop Electrical Assembly Technician must be knowledgeable about wiring diagrams/schematics and common industrial electrical components, with experience in panel layout, assembly, wiring of industrial electrical control panels/boxes and troubleshooting.
Work involves the interpretation of print specific requirements, and the ability to trouble shoot and diagnose problems as they arise.
This position is capable of working independently and troubleshooting electrical functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assembly and wiring of electrical junction boxes and panels
- Mechanical assembly
- Reads and analyzes electrical prints
- Understands proper wiring methods
- Perform quality control procedures
- Troubleshoot various electrical and mechanical problems on equipment or panels being assembled
- Basic knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70 code standards
- Basic knowledge of UL 508A standards
- Proficient with: Hand tools (for electrical, mechanical work) and power tools including: drills, drill press, saws, etc.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle material. The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience required
- Good record of job performance, safety, and attendance
- Must be able to pass a basic knowledge written and an application-wiring test
Technical DegreeAssociates DegreeHigh School DiplomaGEDSome High SchoolLooking for WorkWilling to Take a Drug TestWilling to Be Background CheckedEligible to Work in the USHas Reliable TransportationDriver's LicenseOwns Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)Owns Power ToolsOwns Hand ToolsSpeaks SpanishWilling to Work OvertimeCurrently Employed
Building Systems Wiring
Building Automation Systems/ControlsLighting ControlsPLCs
Motor Control Centers (MCCs)HVAC
Startup & Testing
Drawings and Code
Can Read Wiring SchematicsCan Read Electrical ManualsProficient in National Electric Code (NEC)Proficient in Electrical Theory
Quality Control Experience
$13 - $17 / hour
Health InsuranceDental InsuranceDisability InsuranceVision Insurance401(k)401(k) MatchingPaid HolidaysPaid Sick TimePaid VacationsWeekly Pay (as opposed to bi-weekly)Tuition Reimbursement